HOW DO I REMOVE MY OIL SUMP

1998 Ford Escort

andy2010uk

May, 10, 2012 AT 8:41 PM

I have a ford escort 75 van 1.8 td s reg 1998, and want to replace my sump gasket, I taken of the power steering pump from sump, removed starter motor to access sump bolts, removed all bolts holding sump, and it wont come off, what am I doing wrong or what have I missed, cheers Andy

fixitmr

May, 10, 2012 AT 9:19 PM

Make sure you got all the bolts. Try prying on an edge where you can get leverage. Probably stuck on with sealant.

andy2010uk

May, 10, 2012 AT 9:49 PM

Already tried that, just found fordtalk website, and on there it says you have to remove the flywheel because the rear crank seal carrier bolts to the block & the sump on a turbo diesel, can you confirm this cheers Andy

dshelly77

May, 10, 2012 AT 9:54 PM

You can use a rubber mallet to persuade the pan loose, from it being on there for so long its basically "welded" to the block and trying to pry it loose may cause damage to the lip of the pan causing it not to seal correctly

fixitmr

May, 10, 2012 AT 10:14 PM

I read the tile and quick glanced at details I was refering to an ESCORT pan.

Crankshaft Main Seal Replace - Front
Engine Oil Change and Filter GMC Sierra
Engine Oil Change and Filter Ford Mustang
Engine Oil Change and Filter Jeep Wrangler
Engine Oil Change and Filter Chevy Silverado