ENGINE DIED WHILE DRIVING NOW IT JUST CRANKS NO START

1998 Ford Escort

mike j

September, 6, 2011 AT 12:00 AM

I was driving with no problem then as I was turning without gearing down I notice my dashboard lights were on letting me know the car had cut off. When I tried to start it as I was still rolling it would not crank. I put it in neutral; I even tried jumping it off as it continued to roll but to no avail.

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

September, 6, 2011 AT 12:17 AM

http://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-cranks-but-wont-start

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if okay-check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs,coil's resistances,cap and rotor,distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it and keep testing