I HAVE A 98 FORD ESCORT ZX2 AND THERE IS NO ...

1998 Ford Escort

Anonymous

January, 30, 2013 AT 3:51 AM

I have a 98 Ford Escort ZX2 and there is no electrical power what so ever. The dome lights don't come on when you open the door. There is no chime if the key is in. Nothing happens when you turn the key. What happened was, a dome light was left on over night and it drained the battery completely. Tried jump starting the car. Didnt work. Tried swamping in a battery from another vehicle to get the car started, then once it was started pulled that battery out and let the car run on the alternator and preceded to put the orignal battery back in to let the car charge it. As soon as the ground was connected to the battery, the car died. The 100A fuse in the main fuse bus popped. Now even after replacing fuse. Putting in a good battery. There is no power what so ever in the car. How do I fix this?

January, 30, 2013 AT 10:43 AM

Sounds like you crossed the terminals. Replace the 100 amp fuse.

Replace your battery with a new one and cross your fingers no other damage was done.

Never remove a cable with the engine running. It damages control modules from voltage spikes

Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000
Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Battery Replacement Guide
Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011
Battery Replacement