100A fuse in the main fuse Bus popped

Tiny
ANONYMOUS
  • 1998 FORD ESCORT
  • 150,000 MILES

I have a 98 Ford Escort ZX2 and there is no electrical power whatsoever. The dome lights don't come on when you open the door. There is no chime if the key is in. Nothing happens when you turn the key. What happened was, a dome light was left on overnight and it drained the battery completely. Tried jump starting the car. Didn't work. Tried swapping in a battery from another vehicle to get the car started, then once it was started pulled that battery out and let the car run on the alternator and preceded to put the original battery back in to let the car charge it. As soon as the ground was connected to the battery, the car died. The 100A fuse in the main fuse bus popped. Now even after replacing fuse. Putting in a good battery. There is no power what so ever in the car. How do I fix this?

Wednesday, January 30th, 2013 AT 3:51 AM

1 Reply

Tiny
2CARPROS KEN
  • ADMIN
  • 10,953 POSTS

Hello,

Sounds like you crossed the terminals. Replace the 100 amp fuse and cross your fingers no other damage was done. Never remove a cable with the engine running. It damages control modules from voltage spikes

Here is a wiring diagram and a guide so you can do some testing.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-use-a-test-light-circuit-tester

Please run some tests and get back to us so we can continue helping you.

Best, Ken

Was this
answer
helpful?
Yes
No
Thursday, December 15th, 2016 AT 9:58 AM

Please login or register to post a reply.

Recommended Guides