IGNITION SWITCH

1993 Ford Escort

angelscothhh

July, 9, 2011 AT 4:41 AM

Okay. I have question about a 93 ford escort ignition. How do u get the ignition switch out?

saturntech9

July, 9, 2011 AT 5:07 AM

It says remove steering wheel multifunction switch then disconnect the ignition switch connector then remove the 3 mounting screws.

angelscothhh

July, 9, 2011 AT 5:43 AM

We have a ford escort and we turn the switch over and absolutely nothing. It just turns with nothing at all. Just want to make sure we are doing it right. We are going to look at fixing it tomorrow. Any more advice?

saturntech9

July, 9, 2011 AT 6:01 AM

Have you had the battery tested?Also made sure the battery cables are clean and tight?Checked all the fuses?Do you have a multimeter or test light?If so I can help you trouble shoot your problem.

angelscothhh

July, 9, 2011 AT 6:09 AM

Are you hot

saturntech9

July, 9, 2011 AT 6:12 AM

Iam hot?

angelscothhh

July, 9, 2011 AT 6:27 AM

Ignition switch is bad need too know if I have to pull steering wheel to get switch out. We took apart column and it seems to have two pins holding switch in but we cant get pins out. One is upward and one is from dog house back so I don't know if I can drill them out or what

saturntech9

July, 9, 2011 AT 6:48 AM

Yes I told you remove the steering wheel then the multifunction switch then the three screws holding the switch.I thought you were still trying to figure out if the switch was bad.

angelscothhh

July, 9, 2011 AT 7:13 AM

Thanks for the info, do I need a special puller to take wheel off?

saturntech9

July, 9, 2011 AT 5:04 PM

It lists a steering wheel puller number T67L-3600-A if there is two threaded holes in the steering wheel on each side of the steering wheel nut you could use a bolt grip puller to remove it. Or sometimes if the steering wheel isnt too tight you can loosen the nut a little bit and rock the steering wheel side to side while pulling towards you to get it loose. Doesnt always work though.

angelscothhh

July, 10, 2011 AT 12:19 AM

Ok thanks. Gonna work on it now

Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Battery Replacement Guide
Battery Replacement
Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011
Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000