HAVE A 1998 FORD CONTOUR V6 AUTO TRANSMISSION

1998 Ford Contour

ebode

February, 11, 2013 AT 8:25 AM

Have a 1998 ford contour v6 auto transmission. Tranny fluid is pouring out the top of the dipstick. I checked to make sure the vent wasnt clogged and its not. What should I be looking into next as a possible issue? I dont see much else I can check without having to pull the tranny out to check the internal parts for possible problems. What things should I check that wont involve pulling the tranny?

hmac300

February, 11, 2013 AT 3:44 PM

Check to see if overful on trans fluid. It may be just to much pressure causing it.
This trans has a breather hose that looks like a vac. Line. Make sure it's not connected to something. If it is blocked, the trans. Can blow fluid out the dipstick tube and around the tube seal. It also won't take fluid good when you try to add some fluid. This can be tricky when you see all that fluid on it and can't find a leak. They might of connected the hose to the battery hold down stud.-Yup

Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911
Cabin Air Filter Replacement