A/C COLD ON ONE SIDE ONLY.

1998 Ford Contour

calvinmayeux

August, 8, 2011 AT 8:50 PM

I have a 98 Ford Contour. The A/C only blows cold air from the passengers vent only. The other vents blow hot (or not cold) air.

Thanks for any help!

hmac300

August, 8, 2011 AT 8:59 PM

Check your accuators in the heater box i'll include a generic picture. If its vacuum operated check for a leak

Docfixit

August, 8, 2011 AT 9:00 PM

Is AC auto? If you lived in England no prob

calvinmayeux

August, 8, 2011 AT 9:15 PM

It's the air conditioning system in my car. The air does blow through all vents but only cold through one vent. I will try to look at the damper.

calvinmayeux

August, 8, 2011 AT 9:32 PM

If I close off the vent thats blowing cold then the other vents start blowing cold.

hmac300

August, 8, 2011 AT 11:09 PM

You have what's called actuators in your hvac. One controls hot/cold and theother controls where it goes. Your one actuator is eitehr stuck or not working. If it's vacuum operated check for a leak, if it's electrically operated then check to see if it's getting electric when you put it on a/c. My guess it's vacuum and isn't getting vacuum to operate correctly

Air Conditioner Recharge - Simple
Blend Door Actuator Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement