HELLO, I HAVE A 4 CYLINDER 1.8L DOHC ENGINE IN MY CAR WHICH WAS RECENTLY REMANUFACTERED.

1998 Ford 500

josechell

May, 15, 2012 AT 4:53 PM

The engine feels quite well and it's not burning the lubricant and making smoke anymore while running. The problem I'm having is that AFTER the car has been parked for a long while, usually overnight, it burns lubricant and produces smoke for a little while. I have found evidence that the lubricant only enters one combustion cam because that lonely spark plug becomes very dirty and I have seen in wet in lubricant. I am constantly checking the lubricant level and it goes down smootly like a litre every 2 weeks. Is there a possibility that the seal (an o-ring perhaps?) In one of the valves in the particular cylinder is leaking lubricant into the combustion cam only when the engine is stopped?

Cam Shaft

1 ANSWER

Cam Shaft

1 ANSWER

May, 15, 2012 AT 5:02 PM

Check the engine compression and also do a cylinder leakage test this will tell you something

josechell

May, 15, 2012 AT 5:23 PM

Thanks for such a prompt response Rasmataz.

I don't know if this is how you do a follow up when someone replies your question.

The compression was checked before and after the engine was remanufactured. I don't know what is a cylinder leakage test, but I am almost sure the leakage comes from above the cylinder; does that test checks every inlet and outlet in the cylinder including the valves?

May, 15, 2012 AT 5:43 PM

The CLT is when air pressure is applied into the cylinders and if it has a an internal it will come out thru the intake manifold if its an intake valve and out the exhaust will point to exhaust valve-out the oil dipstick tube will indicate rings and cylinder wear-

Camshaft Angle Sensor Replacement P0015
Engine Cylinder Compression Test - All Cars
Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011