Can anyone tell me exactly where the fuel pump.

JBLECK
  • 1998 DODGE STRATUS
Can anyone tell me exactly where the fuel pump modular connector is in a 1998 Dodge Stratus 2.5L V6? I have looked where the Haynes manual says it is located, in the trunk left side.
I have located a connector but it is not the fuel pump modular connector (at least I think it's not). I sure could use a picture (preferably in color) of the location or maybe a picture of the fuel pump modular connector itself. Thanks
Saturday, February 16th, 2013 AT 1:02 PM

JBLECK
Also, are the fuses in the PCM supposed to have a voltage reading whether the ignition is in the ON or OFF position?
Saturday, February 16th, 2013 AT 1:07 PM
Maybe I can help you. What are you trying to do or what is the symptom / problem? I never needed to find a connector so I might have a better approach to what you're up to.
Saturday, February 16th, 2013 AT 1:38 PM
JBLECK
I am not hearing the fuel pump engage when the key is in ON position.
Saturday, February 16th, 2013 AT 1:51 PM
How long are you expecting to hear it? The pump should only run for one second, then again during engine cranking. If you don't hear it or can't hear it over the chime, you can bypass the fuel pump relay to make it run all the time so you can troubleshoot the circuit if necessary.
Saturday, February 16th, 2013 AT 2:57 PM
JBLECK
Can you explain how to bypass the fuel pump relay to make it run all the time please?
Saturday, February 16th, 2013 AT 3:49 PM
Use the sad drawing on the right. Your fuel pump relay is the third small one from the end furthest away from the four big relays. I'm making a drawing right now to show the layout of the fuse box if you need it.

Use a piece of wire or a stretched-out paper clip to jump the two terminals shown with the arrows. The ignition switch doesn't have to be on.
Saturday, February 16th, 2013 AT 3:54 PM
JBLECK
Ok. Now everything seems to be checking out the fuel pump is coming on and the car will start when I spray starting fluid in the throttle the car will start but will not continue to idle. I'm getting spark but it seems to be weak. Any ideas?
Thursday, February 21st, 2013 AT 6:21 PM
I guess I'm confused. Is the pump running because you jumped the relay or is it running on its own like normal? If it's running, you shouldn't need starting fluid unless the injectors aren't being fired. What I would do next is check for diagnostic fault codes to see if you're missing the signal from the camshaft or crankshaft position sensors. Cycle the ignition switch three times from "off" to "run" without cranking the engine, then watch the code numbers show up in the odometer display.
Friday, February 22nd, 2013 AT 6:40 AM