BALLJOINT NUT REMOVAL

1998 Dodge Ram

mchase

I am trying to remove the ball joint nut to remove and replace the steering knuckle and I cant seem to get the nut to break loose the whole joint spins when I try to loosen it. Would it be better iff I wedge a pickle fork in between the axle and knuckle the keep the joint from spining while trying to break the nut loose, I dont want to damage the thread because the joint is still good unfortunately the hub bearing went out while I was driving it in 4 wheel and took a huge chunk out of the knuckle alomost cutting into the hub screw. So know I need to replace the steering knuckle and hub and cant get the old one off because the bottom balljoint spins while trying to break the nut loose. Please help I am at a loss and am over worked so time really isnt an option in this winter season thank you

saturntech9

I would get some deep creep penetrant made by sea foam works amazing. Also the pickle fork wedged in there might be your best bet. Also replacing your ball joint might end up being your best bet in the end. They may sell just the ball joint boot. Ball joints arent that expensive.

Replace Tie Rod End
Upper Control Arm Replacement
Shock Replacement - Front Chevrolet Silverado