HEADS RESURFACED, NEW GASKETS, NEW WATER PUMP

1998 Dodge Intrepid

presley1977

November, 27, 2011 AT 7:18 PM

BECAUSE IT FALLS WITHIN MY AREA OF EXPERTISE. I JUST NEED A FEW MORE DETAILS ABOUT YOUR SITUATION AND I WILL GET TO WORK!

it started up right away, no knocking smooth running so drove it around the block and it was running perfect when I pulled back into my driveway it started to miss fire so I shut her down thinking it may be a vacume line it wasn't, so I checked spark plugs all was well except some gap bridging in #2 cyl. Thats when I checked oil and seen it was white thick milky like so I drained it. Ended up draining about 3 gallons from the crankcase.

That was about all the coolant it had in it. "Note"total amount of time running was less than 10 minutes, it didn't even have time for thermostat to open. P.S. When installing water pump is the gasket it comes with the only one required. The notes something about o-rings THANK YOU SO MUCH "robert"

November, 27, 2011 AT 11:50 PM

Something is wrong with the heads. One may be cracked allowing coolant into the cylinder and crankcase. Start with a cylinder leak down test ti find out which cylinder is the culprit.

Heater Hose Replacement Chevrolet Camaro
Water Pump Replacement Made Easy
Serpentine Belt Replacement
Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz