I WAS DRIVING MY CAR ONE DAY AND IT DIED WHILE I...

1998 Dodge Intrepid

raralicious

I was driving my car one day and it died while I was driving. It would not crank. I have changed the cam sensor and the crank shaft position sensor. It still won't crank. What could it be?

Cranking is starter motor action. Are you saying it cranks good, but won't start? If so, have a helper crank it while you visually check for spark at the spark plugs. If you have spark everywhere, use a gage and check fuel pressure. Can you check for applicable trouble codes?

raralicious

January, 20, 2013 AT 3:10 AM

Checked the timing to ensure it hadn't jumped time. It hadn't, so then we checked the starter and alternator. It wasn't either of those. The car is getting fuel but the battery keeps draining. What else could it be? Help please.

You have to make sure the battery has full charge, connections all clean and tight. If battery is down, take it off and get it charged.

Check for excessive amp draw at the battery, everything off. The generic spec is around 50 ma, shouldn't be more than that. 50 ma is.050 amp draw, not even a tenth of a amp.

Pull/replace fuses one at a time. When you pull the fuse on the problem circuit, the amp draw goes back to normal. Then you check everything on the fuse circuit, where possible, unplug components on that circuit, one at a time.

I believe chrysler says 30 ma, but, you get the picture.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet