1998 Dodge Intrepid mom wants it fixed (wont crank or start

EVANLAPLANTE@YAHOO.COM
  • 1998 DODGE INTREPID
Well the car had a problem before it would just start when it felt like it then the battery died changed battery and now when I try to start the car nothing all I hear is a clicking noise from the relay box I so I tested the voltage on the starter relay and its fine it came up 12volts everything works jst wont even crank do I need a new ignition switch? Or maybe the alrm disabled the starter cause of dead battery? Any reply would be helpful thanks
Tuesday, July 15th, 2008 AT 4:04 AM

MERLIN2021
When you say it has trouble what kind? Clicking? Or nothing at all? If you hear a click, then either the battery is weak, or the starter, possibly bad battery cable connections, check and clean both ends of BOTH cables! Dissconnect negative(-) first, and put it on last! If no click the starter relay is no good!
Tuesday, July 15th, 2008 AT 10:03 AM
EVANLAPLANTE@YAHOO.COM
Ok si I replaced the battery and hooked it back up just as u said I heard a click cables are clean and tight some code p1490 came up but thats it and a battery code when I turn the ignition on everything works but when I try to start it nothing happens just a small clicking noise from relay box? I dont know what to do
Tuesday, July 15th, 2008 AT 8:23 PM
MERLIN2021
Change the starter
Thursday, July 17th, 2008 AT 2:48 AM
EVANLAPLANTE@YAHOO.COM
Ok got it fixed the computer had to be reprogramed cause I was using the vallet key insted of master key the dealer said if ur battery is low and u try more the three times to start the car with the vallet key it disables itself was very easy fix and very cheap thank s for everyones help
Tuesday, July 22nd, 2008 AT 1:24 AM
MERLIN2021
How much did they charge for the reprogram? 1 hour of labor?
Tuesday, July 22nd, 2008 AT 2:46 AM
EVANLAPLANTE@YAHOO.COM
Yeah they only charged me 1 hour but for some reason it cost 200$ but im glad its fixed
Tuesday, July 29th, 2008 AT 1:40 AM
MERLIN2021
Well the cost to download the flash update is usually 30-40 dollars too. So it ran about the same as having them replace the starter. Not too bad!
Tuesday, July 29th, 2008 AT 6:29 PM
LIGHT109
How do you code an ingnition switch on a 1998 dodge intrepid
Friday, November 25th, 2011 AT 3:59 PM
WRENCHTECH
You need to start a new question of your own.
Friday, November 25th, 2011 AT 4:09 PM