NEW STEREO WIRING, MINE WAS STOLEN.

1998 Dodge Durango

Rave2754

February, 16, 2012 AT 3:30 PM

Need help bought a 98 Durango and when I went to put a new stereo in for the one that was stolen they wiring harness end with the clip is missing, they must have cut the clip off with the radio leaving nothing but the bare wires…so now I have no idea which way to go?

Missing the connection clip that hooks up to the wiring harness of the new stereo. Just bare wires.

Jacobandnickolas

February, 16, 2012 AT 3:32 PM

Part of the message is missing. Can you explain?

Rave2754

February, 16, 2012 AT 5:20 PM

I'm having trouble installing a new radio in 1998 Durango. The original one was stolen and now all I have to connect with is bare wires.I figured out which ones are the stereo wires but I still can't figure out the others, I have a pink one, red with white stripe, red, yellow, blue with red, green, and an orange wire. I bought a wire harness to hook the new stereo up with but the connection clip from inside the dash is missing leaving me with no idea which wire from the stereo hooks to which wire in the dash. Please help

Jacobandnickolas

February, 16, 2012 AT 5:40 PM

The one you got should show the wires' colors. I don't have access to a wiring schematic.

Rave2754

February, 16, 2012 AT 6:03 PM

The info from the harness explains which wires from the radio lead to battery and so on, but it doesn't tell me which wires in the dash lead to what in the car, ie which wire is the battery or which wire leads to the ignition, and so on

Jacobandnickolas

February, 16, 2012 AT 6:13 PM

I'm sorry, I am having problems with my online manual. I can't get a copy of the schematic.

Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Dynamat Door Installation
Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda