I HAVE A 1998 DODGE DAKOTA 3

1998 Dodge Dakota

Anonymous

October, 22, 2012 AT 12:37 PM

I have a 1998 dodge dakota 3.9l v-6 mag. Here is my problem. My truck is running super rich and it has no power. It won't move over 10 mph.I have had it at 5 diffrent shops that are all dodge certified and they have all done diffrent stuff. The first shop told me the cat. Converter was bad along with the o2 sensors so I had them change all that.. It didn't help. Still had the same problem. The second shop ran the codes and said I needed a tune up and a new tpi, map sensors. So I had them change all that. New plugs, wires dis. Cap button and both sensors. Still no change. The truck still runs crappy. The 3rd shop told me I had 3 bad injectors. So I had them change all 6 of them. Still no change. Still running bad. So I went on to a 4th shop and these guys ran the codes and said there aren't any codes so there can't be a problem.I ask them to run a compression test. They said all 6 cyl. Come back fine. So needless to say. The problem was still there no power and still running super rich and won't excel over 10mph. So now we're at shop 5 these guys told me that it " has to be the throtel body so I had them put a new one on. You guessed it. No change still runs crappy. Super rich and won't excell over 10mph. PLEASE HELP.I"M RUNNING OUT OF MONEY>
I could have bought a new truck but I love this one.

hmac300

October, 22, 2012 AT 2:19 PM

Check engine vacuum at idle, if 15" or below suspect clogged converter/exaust. Check fuel pressure. It should be 44-54 psi at idle. If the truck is running rich it should have set a code. Check crank and cam sensors for resistance, they can still go bad and not set a code. We have no specs on that however.

October, 22, 2012 AT 2:23 PM

Was any repairs carried out prior to this occurring? Do you have the initial trouble codes?

Rich conditions can be due to a faulty ECT and clogging of the air filter.

Find Out How to Test Your Catalytic Converter
Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen
Fuel Filter Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Filter Replacement Chevrolet Silverado