I'm replacing the alternator on a 98 Dodge Grand Caravan. I've got the belt off and the alternator disconnected, but how do I get it out from behind the mounting bracket. On one side is the motor, the other side is a series of hoses and tubes I can't disconnect, and the mounting bracket divides the space.
5. Remove bolt holding top of generator mount bracket to engine air intake plenum.
6. Remove bolts holding outside of generator mount bracket to generator mount plate.
7. Remove bolt holding top of generator to mount bracket.
8. Remove generator mount bracket from vehicle.
9. Rotate generator toward rear dash panel.
10. Disconnect the push-in field wire connector from back of generator.
11. Remove nut holding B+ wire terminal to back of generator.
12. Separate B+ terminal from generator.
Generator Pivot Bolt
13. Remove bolt holding bottom of generator to lower pivot bracket.