FAILURES IN ACCELERATION. CHOKING, THE SLOW OSCILLATION AND HIGH GASOLINE CONSUMPTION

1998 Daihatsu Terios

fabio.lsouza

March, 22, 2012 AT 9:24 AM

Failures in acceleration. Choking, the slow oscillation and high gasoline consumption.

Already changed the spark plugs and ignition cables, ignition coils, and the problem continues. Also I noticed that my fan is locked. It must be defective in viscous coupling, and the temperature of the car is always cold.

hmac300

March, 22, 2012 AT 1:12 PM

Scan for codes, check fuelpressure start there first

fabio.lsouza

March, 22, 2012 AT 4:04 PM

I'll check the fuel pressure. But one problem I have here in Brazil is compatible scanner with workshop to the central injection of the Daihatsu Terios. No one has!

Tks

hmac300

March, 22, 2012 AT 4:05 PM

An obdII scanner should work for codes

fabio.lsouza

March, 22, 2012 AT 4:12 PM

Where can I find this scanner?

hmac300

March, 22, 2012 AT 4:17 PM

Dont' know in Brazil but in u.S. Any auto parts store

Caferhe

April, 15, 2012 AT 8:00 PM

Hi, I have a Terios 1998 too with a similar problem and I bought a OBDII ELM327 Bluetooth scanner in usa but don t work in this car so be carefull. My car works cold and I think thats is because a problem in the thermostat or the Temp Sensor but I don t know how to remove them. The fan works always that the car it turned on but it s free when the car is off so I think that it s fine.

Oil Change and Filter Replacement Toyota
Oil Change and Filter Replacement Ford Focus
Oil and Filter Replacement BMW M5 2005-2010
Engine Oil Change and Filter Mercedes
Oil Change & Filter Chevrolet Equinox
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Kia Rio