WHEN I TURNED THE A/C ON AND FAN UP THE SYSTEM STOPPED

1998 Daewoo Nubira

Malc1

April, 25, 2012 AT 1:50 AM

. Started up and stopped a few times now it doesn't work at all. This caused the thermo fan and power windows to stop as well. NO good on a hot day in traffic! The fault affects the thermo-fans, the power windows and the A/C and fan. None work. I replaced all the fuses and relays and then located a relay near the window washer bottle under the LHS guard. On replacing this the fan started to work and the power windows for about 2 secs then died again. What am I missing? I only realized the thermo fan was involved when the car overheated in traffic on a hot day.

mhpautos

April, 26, 2012 AT 10:37 PM

Start with checking the power feeds and earths at that relay.

nubira

June, 6, 2012 AT 6:15 PM

Malc1, were you able to get you car fixed? My car is doing the exact same thing. What was the problem? If anyone else has any ideas, I would like to hear them.

Malc1

June, 7, 2012 AT 11:26 AM

Malc1 replies: I checked out the power side of the relay OK but not the earth. So I left it for a few weeks. The check engine light had been on all this time. Then last week the check engine light went off and guess what? All the other things came alive! The fan has been blowing warm air ever since.(Just as well) I don't know what has happened. It still may be a loose earth connection under dash? If I locate the reason I will post it.

nubira

June, 7, 2012 AT 11:38 PM

Malc1, where is that relay that you mentioned in your first post? Is it in the box with the fuses and relays or someplace else? I looked all around the fill nozzle for the washer fluid and cant find it.

Malc1

June, 9, 2012 AT 6:53 AM

The relay is separate to the fuse box. It is located under the wheel arch, attached to the underside of the LHS in front of the widow washer container. The plastic cover in front of the wheel can be removed to access it. A ridiculous place to situate such an electrical item!

Change Your Blower Fan Motor Like a Pro
Replace Heater Core
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic