IS IT MY CRANKSHAFT SENSOR?

• Trina
  • 1998 Chrysler Sebring

To begin Hi, my car kept cutting off I could be at a light or going through a light it would just stop. So I got my fan fixed because it wasn't coming on then my battery keep going dead got a new battery and alternater I hope I spelled that right. So the car ran for a while then one day I tried to crank my car but it wouldn't start so I thought I was out of gas I got gas it still wouldn't start it would act like it was going to crank but it wouldn't catch. So I took it to someone to look at it they said it was my fuel pump they put the fuel pump on and it still want crank I keep telling him to check my crankshaft sensor but he keeps telling me that that would mean something is wrong with my motor, but I was told that the crankshaft sensor isn't in my motor its the crankshaft that's in the motor not the sensor. Please help me I'm running out of money and time I need help and I've heard these cars are good for the crankshaft sensor going out. What do u think?

Friday, April 20th, 2012 AT 5:45 PM

• Docfixit

Is check engine light on?

Friday, April 20th, 2012 AT 7:44 PM
  • Trina

No and I took it to autozone to be sure they didn't find any codes.

Friday, April 20th, 2012 AT 8:42 PM
  • Docfixit

Neede to take to a Tech that can hook up a scan tool and run diagnostics otherwise all lot of parts will be needlessly replaced

Friday, April 20th, 2012 AT 8:51 PM
  • Trina

About how much would this run me?

Friday, April 20th, 2012 AT 9:03 PM
  • Docfixit

@ $60-80

Sunday, April 22nd, 2012 AT 8:56 PM
  • Trina

Ok that's not bad I'm going to do that as soon as possible thank you and ill keep you update on what happen.

Monday, April 23rd, 2012 AT 2:01 PM
  • Docfixit

O.K. Post code and repair will advise

Monday, April 23rd, 2012 AT 3:07 PM