I HAD A PROBLEM WITH THE REGULATOR IN THE PCM SO...

• jordanclymer
  • 1998 Chrysler Cirrus

I had a problem with the regulator in the pcm so I changed it the car started for a few seconds the would die like it lost fire it did this about five times and now it wont even start I know its getting fire and its not showing any codes that will keep it from running I dont know whats wrong with it?

Saturday, November 17th, 2012 AT 6:28 PM

• ASEMaster6371

Did you use a new pcm? That is a must. Did you have it flashed? That must be done for it to run

Saturday, November 17th, 2012 AT 6:29 PM
  • jordanclymer

I bought it used it would run untill the battery died cause it still wasnt charging so I got another used one with the warrenty thats the onethat was doin what I told you but they told me it didnt have to be flashed as long as the vin #s matched the car could it be somethin in the main computer instead of the pcm?

Saturday, November 17th, 2012 AT 8:16 PM
  • ASEMaster6371

Canot use used computers on obd 2 cars. There is a vin mismatch that prevents the vehicle from running. It may or may not take a flash but must be flashed. A used car junkyard will tell you anything for a sale

Sunday, November 18th, 2012 AT 4:21 AM
  • jordanclymer

Ohh I was told that by a local mechanic but with a new one I willl have to have it flashed?

Sunday, November 18th, 2012 AT 2:02 PM