CAR WON'T START ON TIME IN THE MORNING

1998 Chrysler Cirrus

mufteeh

August, 5, 2011 AT 4:23 PM

My dogde stratus 98model, 2.5ltrs, 24valve, 6cyld, it use to start after trying for 7 to 8 times b4 it start early in d morng time and always quench wen I try 2 reverse, but wen it pick it's always smooth and cool. Fuel filter replaced but stil the same. Pls wat can I do so dat i'l start it once

mufteeh

August, 6, 2011 AT 5:11 AM

After replacing engine with a fairly used one, check engine light is constantly ON. Hard start by engine, engine quench when in reverse but smooth on ride when it starts.

Wrenchtech

August, 6, 2011 AT 9:51 AM

Start by checking the fuel pressure if its within specs

The "check engine" light is an indicator for a system that monitors many electronic functions in the system, also called the "malfunction indicator lamp" (MIL). It can come on for any of hundreds of different causes from any of the systems that the computer monitors. Some are very important and can lead to further component or engine damage and some are emissions related not as serious but still a problem and need to be repaired.

Your first step is to have the computer scanned to retrieve the trouble codes that were set when the check engine light came on. Those codes will give you specific information about what the computer saw and will get you pointed in the right direction to find your problem. With a 1996 or newer and some 95 cars and you have an AutoZone or Advanced auto parts in your area, they will read them for free. Once you have these code numbers, we can be a lot more specific about what your problem may be.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang