Welcome to 2CarPros.
If the radio was removed, you have two things that can be done. If the security system is activated and the radio is disconnected from battery power, the radio will display "LOC". The radio will not turn on until the correct unlocking code is entered. If you don't have the code, your only choice is to contact your local GM dealership or an authorized Delco radio service center for additional assistance.
If you know the code, here are the directions for getting it up and working:
UNLOCKING SECURED RADIO AFTER A POWER LOSS
Perform the following procedure in order to unlock the theft deterrent after a power loss:
IMPORTANT: Enter the secret code as follows. Pause no more than 15 seconds between the steps.
1. LOC appears when the ignition is in the ON position.
2. Press MN/MIN and 000 will appear on the display.
3. Press MN/MIN again in order to make the last 2 digits agree with the code.
4. Press HR in order to make the first 1 or 2 digits agree with the code.
5. Press AM-FM after you have confirmed that the code matches the secret code you have written down. The display will show SEC, indicating that the radio is now operable and secure.
If you enter the wrong code 8 time, INOP will appear on the display. You will have to wait 1 hour with the ignition in the ON position before you may try again. You will only have 3 chances to enter the correct code before INOP appears.
If the security is activated and the radio is disconnected from battery power, the radio will display "LOC". The radio will not turn on until the correct unlocking code is entered. If the customer code is lost or unavailable, contact your local GM dealership or an authorized Delco radio service center for additional assistance.
I wish I had an easier answer. Let me know if this helps or if you have other questions.
Monday, August 26th, 2019 AT 6:07 PM