NEED TO RESET A CROSSTALK PROBLEM BETWEEN THE SEATBELT AND SECURITY SYSTEM.

1998 Chevrolet Truck

chevydriver2785

August, 13, 2012 AT 6:38 PM

There is a crosstalk issue between my seatbelt light and the security system, had a mechanic reset this and the issue was fixed, until today. I have tried the 10 min passlock reset and have not had success. I am unsure of what he did to solve the issue, but am hoping you can give me some help with it.

hmac300

August, 13, 2012 AT 7:21 PM

He hooked a scanner up to it which will have to be done again. You'll need apro type scanner to do this, auto parts ones won'r do it. You may have a body module issue or poor connection someplace doing this.

chevydriver2785

August, 13, 2012 AT 10:54 PM

No scanner was hooked up by him for him to reset the issue. Its becoming a reoccuring issue (the crosstalk diagnosis was provided by a mechanic who has worked on chevy p/u's for 20+yrs), this is the third time the issue has happened and it seems that resolving it is a different thing everytime.

hmac300

August, 13, 2012 AT 11:10 PM

If this keeps happening there has to be acode set on it. It has to be a wire grounding out or loose causing this. It should be scanned to see if there is an area that is screwing up causing this.

Seat Switch Replacement GMC Yukon