HOW DO I GET THE NEW ORIFICE TUBE BACK IN?

1998 Chevrolet Truck

bplank

July, 26, 2012 AT 4:16 AM

The old orfice tube wass extremely hard to get out and now I have broken the new one trying to put it back in. I have verified there is nothing in the line blocking it from going in and it is the same size as the old one. Any suggestions?

July, 26, 2012 AT 4:54 AM

SMEAR A LITTLE PAG OIL ON IT?

July, 26, 2012 AT 4:57 AM

STICK THAT PUPPY IN THE FREEZER FOR A FEW HOURS---SLAP IT IN FAST WHEN YOU TAKE IT OUT, SO IT HAS NO TIME TO EXPAND BACK TO IT'S ORIGINAL SIZE!

KEEP US INFORMED

bplank

July, 26, 2012 AT 7:47 AM

I had already put PAG oil on the orifice tube and in tubing before I came to you for advice. I had read on another site about heating the tubing up with a heat gun or torch to remove the old orifice. Is this an option for putting the new one in as long as I don't get the tubing to hot?

July, 26, 2012 AT 9:00 PM

I BELIEVE I'D GO WITH A COLD ORIFICE TUBE AND A "TUBE" HEATED WITH A HAIR DRYER. OR BE REAL CAREFUL WITH A HEAT GUN. THE "TORCH DEAL" MAY MELT YOUR ORIFICE TUBE

THE BIG THING IS SORTA DO IT REAL FAST BEFORE STUFF COOLS OR WARMS UP

bplank

July, 26, 2012 AT 10:54 PM

I finally got it in. The tubing was distorted I believe from breaking the nuts loose. Had to heat tubing up and run a phillips screwdriver the same diameter as orifice down tube to straighten back out. Went right in once it was straight. Thanks for your help and input

July, 27, 2012 AT 3:52 AM

GREAT!

SOMEONE ELSE READING THIS WITH THE SAME ISSUE MIGHT APPRECIATE YOUR RETURN WITH THIS UPDATE. MANY MANY JUST SORTA LEAVE US HANGIN'!

Blend Door Actuator Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic
Air Conditioner Condenser Fan Relay Replace
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement