TRUCK DIED GOING DOWN THE ROAD

• Jaspers_87
  • 1998 Chevrolet Truck

Truck died going down the road. Would not restart only attempted to start now after getting it home it only cranks. After sometime looking at it I have confirmed that we have spark, compression, 60psi of fuel pressure.I have changed out the ECM, crank sensor, cam sensor. Used a multimeter and have no power to the fuel injectors ( have not tested with a Noid light yet). So I would say that this is fuel problem but the head scratcher is that is we dump gas or spary starting fluid down the intake I still get nothing not so much as even a pop bang or back fire. Which first led me to believe it could be a timing chain( this was before I found the power issue at the injectors) but the distributor turns when you crank it over so it cant be the timing.

Saturday, January 12th, 2013 AT 3:14 PM

• ASEMaster6371

Do a compression test to see what the figure is. That will tell you if you have timing chain issue

put the old pcm back in the truck. Unless you got a new one and had it flashed to your truck

power to the injectors is controlled by a fuse. Check them with a test light. The pcm only controls the ground side

Saturday, January 12th, 2013 AT 3:32 PM
  • Jaspers_87

Compression checked out good. Old PCM is back in truck. Any more info on which fuse in perticular I should be looking for? IGN fuse or ecm fuse?

Saturday, January 12th, 2013 AT 3:43 PM
  • ASEMaster6371

Check them all.

Sunday, January 13th, 2013 AT 4:23 AM