I NEWLY BOUGHT A CHEVROLET TAHOE AND DISCOVERED...

1998 Chevrolet Tahoe

Eliasmady71

November, 29, 2012 AT 7:33 PM

I newly bought a Chevrolet Tahoe and discovered that the gaz consumption is not good at all it is making like 6 mpg I have consulted a mechanical garage and asked them to check my oxygene sensors but they said that these oxygene sensors are cancelled from this Tahoe and they programmed it to function without the oxyg sensors but unfortunately the MPG is still at 6. I need your opinion on what needs to be done and if the oxygene sensors are a must noting that I did a full revision on the sparks oil and filters and the Tahoe is functioning well with the exception of the fuel consumption. Waiting your reply

November, 29, 2012 AT 8:03 PM

What is engine litre size? Use a fuel pressure gage and check fuel pressure. Not only check for proper fuel pressure, see if pressure will hold for bit, with everything off. If pressure drops like a rock, you have a leak. Any applicable trouble codes? The cts could cause the fuel trim to run rich?

I haven't heard of programminmg to bypass the 02 sensors? There are a lot of things I haven't heard, lol. If your only running in open loop, that will hurt your gas mileage.

Oxygen Sensor Replacement Dodge Stratus
Oxygen Sensor Replacement Honda Civic 1996-20
Fail Your Smog Test? Fix it Fast