MY WIFE PARKED THE TRUCK IN THE GARAGE AND WENT...

1998 Chevrolet Silverado

freedog 1970

March, 31, 2013 AT 1:32 AM

My wife parked the truck in the garage and went to start it the next day and it wont start but it will crank and still no start so far I have replaced the fuel pump and bled the line and fuel filter was replaced as well also replaced the cap, rotor, coil, pick up coil by th coil and the pickup coil under the rotor, crank sensor and still no start but if I drip some gas in the throttle body it will sta rt but not stay running ally need this truck on the road again as my loaned vehicle needs to go back can you please hellp me get this on the road again

hmac300

March, 31, 2013 AT 1:51 PM

Scan for codes and check fuel pressure first it may be to low a pressure. Should be 60-66psi if a small block engine.

freedog 1970

March, 31, 2013 AT 3:36 PM

I am sorry I have already done both 62 psi and no codes I forgot. To. Mention that

hmac300

March, 31, 2013 AT 4:21 PM

Check under hood fuses pictured then check crank and cam sensor for resistance. However I have no specs for these so check against a new one.

freedog 1970

April, 1, 2013 AT 3:03 AM

Thanks will do as I have already replaced them how likely is it that I could have bought one that is bad new out of the box?

hmac300

April, 1, 2013 AT 1:52 PM

Ya know I completely forgot but did you check your anti theft unit? Have you tried resetting the anti theft? Instructions in pic

Spark Plug and Wire Replacement Ford Mustang