THE ENGINE DOESN'T SEEM TO BE GETTING ANY GAS.

1998 Chevrolet Prizm

lizdavismeans

September, 29, 2012 AT 9:35 PM

The low fuel indicator light came on today with somewhere between 1/8 to 1/4 of tank of gas left. I filled the tank but the indicator light did not go out nor did the gauge move from to the Full position - in fact, it dropped all the way down to Empty. I drove the car approximately 80 miles when it began to "cut out" - it was as if the car was not getting any gas. I just had the fuel pump replaced a few weeks ago so I don't think that is the problem unless it is a bad part. Is it possible the situation w/the fuel indicator light was indicative of something much more serious w/the fuel delivery system? I would like to know a few theories before having a mechanic look at the car.

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

September, 29, 2012 AT 9:38 PM

When the pump was replaced, the sender may have been damaged or there is an improper connection, it needs to be re checked. If it is the pump, it should be warranty.