ON OUR 1998 CHEVY CAMARO Z28 V8 5

1998 Chevrolet Camaro

sean03

January, 29, 2013 AT 3:04 AM

On our 1998 Chevy Camaro Z28 V8 5.7l. When I am backing out of the drive way and turn the steering wheel to the right you can feel a thump and you can here it. It thumps 2-3 times. It is the right passenger tire in the front. What could this be we replaces the tie rods the inner and outer. I am wondering if it could be a bad motor mount or a warped rotor or the cv joint. If the motor mont or cv joint went bad how would I know. What do y'all think it is. Thanks.

Jacobandnickolas

January, 29, 2013 AT 3:14 AM

You have a rear wheel drive vehicle. There are no CV joints. As far as a motor mount, it would make noise when you press the gas. Check to see if there is play in the ball joints.

caradiodoc

January, 29, 2013 AT 3:15 AM

Suspect a ball joint or an upper strut mount as the most likely suspects. Your car doesn't have cv joints. I'd start with an inspection at a tire and alignment shop. Many do that for free, but even if they do charge for the service, that's a better deal than wasting money on the wrong parts. If they aren't real busy, they may even take the time to show you how they found the cause of the problem.

sean03

January, 29, 2013 AT 3:16 AM

Ok yeah it is rear wheel drive. Their is no play in it they are nice and tight. They are only 5 month old.

sean03

January, 29, 2013 AT 3:19 AM

Ok thanks. I need to get it aligned really bad. So I will let them check all that also. Thanks.

Replace Tie Rod End
Power Steering Pump Pulley Removal
Steering Pump Replacement Mercedes Benz
Power Steering Fluid Flush Acura MDX 2000-200
Steering Intermediate Shafts Replacement
Power Steering Pump Replacement Chevy Tahoe