A/C SEALS

1998 Chevrolet Camaro

sean03

September, 28, 2012 AT 10:17 PM

Hi I am wanting to do my a/c seals since it is almost winter time. I bought the metal rings and the green rings. The car is only keeping a charge less than 2 weeks. I seen a/c pro makes a super sealer. I know it is a gamble with this but will it work. I know it could clogg the lines or the filter. If I change these seals out do I need to use a torque wrench to torque them down. If not how tight do these need to be. Thanks.

A/c 02 L 300

Ac Will Not Turn On!!!

saturntech9

September, 28, 2012 AT 10:24 PM

I would never use a sealer they can ruin the compressor evap core etc. As far the lines go there really isnt a torque spec. You just use common sense to tighten then up. Do you know where the leak is at?

sean03

September, 28, 2012 AT 10:33 PM

Once I get it tight then I should give it a quarter turn. I can not find the leak. I imagine it is the seals because there is black oil stain on the lines where the seals are and also black on the accumulator. My neighbor has the firebird and he had the same problem and he changed the seals and he has never had a problem sense. Thanks.

saturntech9

September, 28, 2012 AT 10:38 PM

Have you tried adding some ac dye and then look for the leak with a dye light?

sean03

September, 28, 2012 AT 10:44 PM

Yeah I tried it. That crap was junk. I even bought red dye even after I did the kit I bought from napa.

saturntech9

September, 28, 2012 AT 10:51 PM

Some of the lights they have in the kits are junk. Was it just a small little flash light one that takes AA batteries?

sean03

September, 28, 2012 AT 11:23 PM

It takes AA batteries and it is a big light

saturntech9

September, 29, 2012 AT 12:08 AM

I have the little pocket light and its useless.

sean03

September, 29, 2012 AT 12:14 AM

Yeah so I am most likely going to change the seals anyways. They have never been changed and if I need help I can ask y'all or my neighbor. Thanks for all your help.

saturntech9

September, 29, 2012 AT 12:41 AM

Look for the oil and dirt collecting etc for possible leak sites. You know were always here and will leave the light on lol. You have been fixing everyones car lately from what I have seen from all your questions.

sean03

September, 29, 2012 AT 12:43 AM

Yeah one thing breaks after another. I am tired of having 35 dollars for an 18oz refrigerant can every month.

Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic
Blend Door Actuator Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement