BRAKE PADS

1998 Chevrolet Camaro

keno1950

April, 21, 2011 AT 2:48 AM

What is the best type of brake pads

Front Disc Pads

Front Brake Pads

1 ANSWER

caradiodoc

April, 21, 2011 AT 3:02 AM

The cheapest will usually squeal the least. The most expensive will come with hardware or a better warranty but higher quality linings are often harder and might tend to squeal.

Keep in mind that the manufacturers spend a ton of time developing a brake system that is balanced front-to-rear for even stopping. One of the variables is the coefficient of friction between the linings and rotors and drums. Brake lining manufacturers go to great lengths to not change that variable. What you can expect is to still have even braking regardless of what the new linings cost.

Some sales points include a lower tendency to make black brake dust on the wheels, lower tendency to squeal, and things like that.

PROTECH1980

April, 21, 2011 AT 3:04 AM

Depends on the performance that your expecting from the pads, check this link, it lists the differences in pads and what to look for in a pad:

keno1950

April, 21, 2011 AT 3:08 AM

What I am really interested in changing the frount pads on my motorcycle (kawasaki 750 vulcan). I know that I am inposing on you and I am sorry but I can't seem to any information from biker guys so I thought you might be able to help. Any information you have would be most helpful.

caradiodoc

April, 21, 2011 AT 3:14 AM

Ahh, now we get the rest of the information. Obviously front-to-rear balance isn't an issue. I have a Kawasaki KZ900 and installed a set of the cheapest pads I could find from J.C. Whitney. They worked fine. Any pads will be able to lock up the wheel. You can't do any better than that.

What is your goal in finding a different type of lining?

keno1950

April, 21, 2011 AT 3:25 AM

Yoou guys are the greatest! Thank ypu so much for the advise and putting up with me.

caradiodoc

April, 21, 2011 AT 3:46 AM

Hey, if you feel like thinking we're geniuses, who are we to argue? : )

Hope we helped.

Brake Pad/Brake Rotor Replacement - Rear
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad & Rotor Replacement Acura TL
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front BMW M3
Front Pad-Rotor Replacement Subaru Legacy