MY WIFES BLAZER IS MAKING A WINDING NOISE FROM ...

1998 Chevrolet Blazer

tomdowner

March, 1, 2013 AT 1:45 AM

My wife's blazer is making a winding noise from the left front it's faster then the spin of the tire we replaced the wheel barring witch was bad but the nous is still there

Jacobandnickolas

March, 1, 2013 AT 1:54 AM

Are you sure it isn't from the cooling fan? Does it make the noise when the vehicle is stopped? Was there any change with the new bearing?

tomdowner

March, 1, 2013 AT 4:13 AM

No it definitely from the right front I do auto collision so I am semi knowledgable about this stuff. It's 4 wheel drive incase that makes a difference. It did get better like I said the Bering was bad. Now it starts after moving about 10 feet then starts to make the noise however now instead of being constant It stops after you get going up to speed but when you start to slow down it gets really loud. Someone suggested it could be the trany I check the fluid ad added a bit. Could it be the axle or the front difreental being low I don't know

Safely Changing Your Spare Tire
Upper Control Arm Replacement
Replace Tie Rod End