ACCELERATES BY ITSELF

1998 Chevrolet Blazer

Camilasmommy

March, 22, 2012 AT 5:55 PM

The truck accelerates by itself when I put it on park and even while i'm driving. How can I fix this I feel like its wasting alot of gas? I heard it was fairly easy to fix. Just a switch that you have to move I just need to know where the switch is if this is true

travisd

March, 22, 2012 AT 11:41 PM

I would try the temp. Sensor. On my 94 s10 it would idle real high then it got to the point to where it started flooding it out. Remember there are two temp. Sensors replace the one to the computer located right in front on top of the engine. About 15 bucks and if possible I would find a garage to put a computer on it cause I spent about 150.00 other sensors, map sensor, oxygen sensor. Ect. Before I did and getting to computer hooked to it only costed me 20.00 and took about 15 minutes.

Jacobandnickolas

March, 23, 2012 AT 2:07 AM

When you place it in PARK, it accelerates? Or do you mean the engine RPMs increase? Have you checked the IAC? And there are no switches that you can move.