ACCELERATES BY ITSELF

• Camilasmommy
  • 1998 Chevrolet Blazer

The truck accelerates by itself when I put it on park and even while i'm driving. How can I fix this I feel like its wasting alot of gas? I heard it was fairly easy to fix. Just a switch that you have to move I just need to know where the switch is if this is true

Thursday, March 22nd, 2012 AT 5:55 PM

• travisd

I would try the temp. Sensor. On my 94 s10 it would idle real high then it got to the point to where it started flooding it out. Remember there are two temp. Sensors replace the one to the computer located right in front on top of the engine. About 15 bucks and if possible I would find a garage to put a computer on it cause I spent about 150.00 other sensors, map sensor, oxygen sensor. Ect. Before I did and getting to computer hooked to it only costed me 20.00 and took about 15 minutes.

Thursday, March 22nd, 2012 AT 11:41 PM
  • Jacobandnickolas

When you place it in PARK, it accelerates? Or do you mean the engine RPMs increase? Have you checked the IAC? And there are no switches that you can move.

Friday, March 23rd, 2012 AT 2:07 AM