MY CAR NEVER OVERHEATED UNTILL I REPLACED THE ...

• melissamatt
  • 1998 Chevrolet Blazer

My car never overheated untill I replaced the water pump why?

Friday, March 8th, 2013 AT 12:33 AM

• CJ MEDEVAC

HOW LONG WAS THE WATER PUMP ON, BEFORE IT STARTED OVERHEATING?

WHY DID YOU CHANGE IT TO BEGIN WITH?

Friday, March 8th, 2013 AT 12:55 AM
  • melissamatt

A couple hours and because you could hear the water pump going out I had about 3 different mechanics tell me if I kept driving it that I would have to replace the raditor it sounded bad for about 3 DAYS. But never overheated untill we changed the water pump and a hose the bypass hose I'm pretty sure it was a curved hose

Friday, March 8th, 2013 AT 12:59 AM
  • melissamatt

But it only ran for about 5 mIns before it overheated

Friday, March 8th, 2013 AT 1:10 AM
  • CJ MEDEVAC

ARE YOU DIYing THIS?

I JUST LOOKED UP YOUR PUMP

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_remanufactured-water-pump-driveworks_15420096-p?searchTerm=water+pump

IT'S KINDA SEALED UP SO YOU CAN'T SEE THE IMPELLER

IT IS VERY POSSIBLE TO GET A DEFECTIVE PUMP---I SEE STUFF LIKE THAT A LOT WITH MANY PARTS

IT MAY BE THAT WITH THE NEW ONE, CIRCULATION IMPROVED AND STUFF INSIDE THE RADIATOR BROKE LOOSE AND CLOGGED UP THE VANES

SHOULD YOU NEED A NEW ONE OR OTHER PARTS....THE PROCEDURE IN MY LINK MAY HELP AT THIS AND OTHER STORES AVAILABLE TO YOU......AT THIS PARTICULAR ONE, "A124" WORKED YESTERDAY! (IT'S BEEN WORKING FOR QUITE A WHILE)....SEE MY ANSWER IN THIS LINK

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/2001-dodge-neon-milage-just-want-put-fliuds-their-locations

JUST TO SHOW YOU WHAT CONSUMERS MUST DEAL WITH NOW-A-DAYS, THEY MAKE THIS STUFF SO IT WILL FAIL!.........CHANGING THE PUMP MAY BE THE EZ PART, IT'S THE COLLATERAL DAMAGE THAT OCCURS WHEN SOMEONE CONTINUES TO DRIVE.....LIKE WARPED HEADS AND HEAD GASKETS

LOOK AT THIS......RETRO-ENGINEERING....."METAL USED BEFORE", THEY USE PLASTIC NOW (METAL IS STILL USED), THIS IS A VW AND A FORD TAURUS , AND ANOTHER VW..........I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOURS IS MADE OF

Friday, March 8th, 2013 AT 2:02 AM
  • CJ MEDEVAC

DO YOU HAVE YOUR BELT ROUTED CORRECTLY?

I SAW ONE THAT WAS MISROUTED (AND ACTUALLY FIT?) THE VEHICLE IMMEDIATELY OVERHEATED HAD SEVERAL MECHANICS STUMPED. THEN THERE WAS THE ONE MECHANIC WHO PRETTY QUICKLY NOTICED THE ISSUE. WHICH HAD THE WATER PUMP TURNING BACKWARDS. STUPID STUFF!

Friday, March 8th, 2013 AT 2:04 AM
  • melissamatt

You don't think it could be s thermostat we bought a new on he is gonna put it on tomorrow

Friday, March 8th, 2013 AT 2:05 AM
  • CJ MEDEVAC

IT IS POSSIBLE........THINGS DO SEEM TO COME IN THREEs

IF IT'S BEEN LIKE FOREVER.......IT'S NOT GONNA HURT TO INSTALL A $5-$10 THERMOSTAT

DO YOU HAVE ONE OF THESE?

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/2007-ford-taurus-tune-up

SOME OF THIS STUFF IS SO EZ, MY 5 YEAR OLD GRANDSON (NOW 7) CAN DO IT.........REGARDLESS WHO DOES THE WORK

......"YOU" ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE "WHATS AND WHENS".......A MANUAL WILL GIVE YOU THE INFO TO KNOW.......ALSO THE "HOW TO"

AM I HELPIN' AT ALL?.......ARE YOU GOING TO A RELIABLE SHOP OR ARE YOU JUST GOING TO A CHEAP ONE?

Friday, March 8th, 2013 AT 2:34 AM