ANTIFREEZE INTO THE TANK?

• DanaG1
  • 1998 Chevrolet Blazer

The fuel pump on the car burned so, I took off the tank, took out the pump and at that time I found some sticky stuff into the tank. I cleaned the tank, replaced the pump and after about 2 days of driving, pump burned again. Took off the tank and found about 1 gal same sticky liquid in there. Someone told me it is antifreeze. My question is: it is possible for the antifreeze to go into the tank?

Thursday, March 22nd, 2012 AT 2:42 AM

• saturntech9

No it sounds like someone is adding something to your fuel tank. Is it thick?I have found maple syrup in gas tanks paint stripper etc. People do bad things to peoples cars.

Thursday, March 22nd, 2012 AT 2:48 AM
  • DanaG1

Well, the liquid that I found it look like maple syrup and separates from gas. I put it in a plastic container and that liquid is on the bottom of the container and the gas on top of it. I am assuming that liquid "clogged" the pump and cause it to fail ( burn)

Thursday, March 22nd, 2012 AT 2:59 AM
  • saturntech9

See if your gas cap or fuel fuel filler neck area smells like maple syrup?Doesnt sound like anything that would get in there by itself.

Thursday, March 22nd, 2012 AT 3:04 AM