MY DR SIDE VENT BLOW WARM AIR BUT PASS IS COLD

1998 Cadillac SLS

ericlacoursiere

May, 13, 2012 AT 2:12 AM

Where os the actuator located. And climate controller wont change hot cold or cold hot

My first issue is warm air blowing out driver side vent while ac is on and cold air out pass side. I see it sounds to be my dr side actuator. Where is it located.

Second. When car is running and I change air for t hot or cold there.S no change unless I shut my car of n start back up then it changes. If air is on and I turn heat up I get nothing. Same with heat o ac while car is on. Shut it off then on it changes s long as dials r turned up or down before the restarts. If my actuator is changed for dr side as wud my climate control work so I can change heat to ac in car as I drive. Please help me this is drivn me crazy.

Jacobandnickolas

May, 13, 2012 AT 2:54 AM

There are two blend air doors. It sounds like one is stuck. They are located near the heater core.

ericlacoursiere

May, 14, 2012 AT 5:59 AM

The blend doors ok which door. Do I need to replace a actuator? And as for my climate issue cud that be because of the actuators not working with the heat n ac not changing while my caris on?

Air Conditioner Recharge - Simple
Blend Door Actuator Replacement