Can you unhook the passenger side SEAT and.

ZENCHILLEARTHLINKNET
  • 1998 CADILLAC DEVILLE

Can you unhook the passenger side seat and operate the 8 way movement manually and independently from the vehicle? For troubleshooting purposes such as powering the seat externally?

Wednesday, January 9th, 2013 AT 2:07 AM

MERAB4

You could but that can be very dangerous just check your users manual to ensure safety.

Wednesday, January 9th, 2013 AT 8:20 AM
ASEMASTER6371

Yes but wiring it would be complicated. It would be easier to find the problem and repair the existing set up

Please consider a donation to help us answer more questions.
Wednesday, January 9th, 2013 AT 10:17 AM
CADIEMAN

No no no. I can help you fix this he problem. Tell me exactly what the seat is doing or not doing. I can help you fix this problem. It should be no big deal.

Wednesday, January 9th, 2013 AT 2:05 PM
ZENCHILLEARTHLINKNET

IM UPDATING my last question about disconecting the power seat to work independently from an external source. I want to use this chair as the ultimate desk chair. I have a super heavy duty support frame made out of 24 gauge steel and an equally heavy duty gas cylinder sitting on a 5 leg exec base that will support 850 lbs. I want to use the chair as is with all the electrics. I know it sounds crazy but its the he mans solution to years of shitty office chairs. THIS WILL ROCK if I can get it going. I am handy with electrics etc, so perhaps someone has an idea. Ive looked all over the web and noone seems to be attempting what I am doing. The chair is built like a battleship and that is exactly how long I would like it to last too. Hopefully someone's ear will be tweaked and could point me in the right direction. This is certainly a unique design that could catch on if I could take care of the switching problem. Thanks for the help.

Thursday, January 10th, 2013 AT 2:22 AM