CAN YOU UNHOOK THE PASSENGER SIDE SEAT AND ...

1998 Cadillac Deville

zenchillearthlinknet

January, 9, 2013 AT 2:07 AM

Can you unhook the passenger side seat and operate the 8 way movement manually and independently from the vehicle? For troubleshooting purposes such as powering the seat externally?

Drivers Seat

Drivers Seat

merab4

January, 9, 2013 AT 8:20 AM

You could but that can be very dangerous just check your users manual to ensure safety.

January, 9, 2013 AT 10:17 AM

Yes but wiring it would be complicated. It would be easier to find the problem and repair the existing set up

cadieman

No no no. I can help you fix this he problem. Tell me exactly what the seat is doing or not doing. I can help you fix this problem. It should be no big deal.

zenchillearthlinknet

January, 10, 2013 AT 2:22 AM

IM UPDATING my last question about disconecting the power seat to work independently from an external source. I want to use this chair as the ultimate desk chair. I have a super heavy duty support frame made out of 24 gauge steel and an equally heavy duty gas cylinder sitting on a 5 leg exec base that will support 850 lbs. I want to use the chair as is with all the electrics. I know it sounds crazy but its the he mans solution to years of shitty office chairs. THIS WILL ROCK if I can get it going. I am handy with electrics etc, so perhaps someone has an idea. Ive looked all over the web and noone seems to be attempting what I am doing. The chair is built like a battleship and that is exactly how long I would like it to last too. Hopefully someone's ear will be tweaked and could point me in the right direction. This is certainly a unique design that could catch on if I could take care of the switching problem. Thanks for the help.

Seat Switch Replacement GMC Yukon
Window Switch Replacement and Test
Replace Your Turn Signal Switch Like a Pro