AIR VENTS WONT WORK MOST OF THE TIME

• jamesina
  • 1998 Buick Regal

My air vents won't blow air and when this happens sometimes my cruse won't work. And other times my automatic lights won't go out. My major concern is I don't have air at this time

Thursday, May 3rd, 2012 AT 9:06 PM

• djcl
  • 786 posts

Check all fueses and see if there is power to the blower motor its below the glove box. Let's start hear

Thursday, May 3rd, 2012 AT 9:15 PM
  • jamesina

I have been told my battery is bad but the car still starts, so i'm wondering if that could be the problem, the battery just isn't strong enough to run everything. I plan on buying a new one monday

Friday, May 4th, 2012 AT 5:34 PM
  • djcl
  • 786 posts

If the battery can start the car it can run the blower. I would check power and ground @ the blower

Friday, May 4th, 2012 AT 8:21 PM
  • jamesina

The blower motor is not under the dash also can't find a fuse for it in the box under the hood.

Wednesday, May 9th, 2012 AT 4:37 PM
  • djcl
  • 786 posts

@ the blower motor with key on or engine running there shoud be 12 volts on one side of the connecter with it un pluged and the blower on a speed. If there is 12 volts plug it in and add a ground to the other side and see if it runs. The most comin problem with this system is the blower resistor it has the relay built in to it. The blower is located behind the right side of the dash the fues are in the fuse block on the right side of the dash. Check all fueses first.

Thursday, May 10th, 2012 AT 8:55 AM
  • jamesina

. Still can't figure out which fuse. Plus sometimes the blower will work.

Thursday, May 10th, 2012 AT 8:00 PM
  • djcl
  • 786 posts

If it works some times its not a fuse. When its not working check power and ground @ the blower

Thursday, May 10th, 2012 AT 8:21 PM
  • jamesina

It isn't the blower motor it works fine but the a/c compressor doesn't kick on or the cooling fan for the motor won't work. It really don't make sense to me cause why wouldn't the cruise or the automatic lights work either.

Friday, June 8th, 2012 AT 2:04 AM
  • djcl
  • 786 posts

Have someone check the refrigent level if its low the compressor will not turn on

Friday, June 8th, 2012 AT 11:40 AM
  • jamesina

The only problem with even that wouldn't the vent still work and heater work

Friday, June 8th, 2012 AT 3:44 PM