OIL LEAK

1998 Buick Regal

2CarPros-Archives

October, 19, 2010 AT 9:38 PM

1998 Buick Regal 3.1 mileage: 13,000 I recently purchased a used Buick Regal. The seller told me there was50k miles but after I bought it, I found there was more than 100k miles. He reimbursed me 60% of the cost so I felt I was getting a good deal and decided to keep it. The car is in beautiful shape. After 3 weeks, I developed an oil leak. I can't track it down but the pressure gauge is always at the very top of the gauge. Is there any way to develop too much pressure, causing some kind of oil blow-by?

Oil Leak From Engine

2CarPros-Archives

October, 19, 2010 AT 9:41 PM

Too much oil pressure can cause oil leaks. Double check the dash gauge by temporarily installing a mechanical oil gauge. With the engine at normal temperature, you should have approximately 20 to 25 PSI at idle and 40 to 50 PSI at 2000 RPM. If your readings are really higher, the oil pump relief valve may be stuck.

Removing Stripped Drain Plug
Replace Oil Pressure Sensor
Valve Cover Gasket Replacement Toyota Corolla