THIS VEHICLE IS HAVING HAC PROBLEMS

• royalstar
  • 1998 Buick Lesabre

This vehicle is having H/AC problems. The controls do nothing to change heat to cool or location above or below the dash. There also is no fan. When you apply the brakes, the lights in the control buttons flash randomly and continue for a few seconds after releasing the brake pedal. Any ideas?

Friday, October 19th, 2012 AT 10:17 PM

• hmac300

Already asnwered

Friday, October 19th, 2012 AT 10:19 PM
  • royalstar

I don't know what has already been answered, but I don't see any answer.

Saturday, October 20th, 2012 AT 1:39 AM
  • hmac300

I thought I already aanswered this one, maybe I got mixed up. Checkfor a vacuum leak to control or to one of the vacuum motors on the heater. You could have a bad vacuum motor on the heater not allowit to let it change air flow direction. For no fan check the fuse underhood and the see if the resistor by the motor is getting power, it may be bad and not sending to the blower to work. It cold also be a ground problem as well. This could also be an ectrically operated circuit. A test light should get you through testing. Also if you have a cable operated control valve for heat, check to see if that is working by feeling both hosed to and from heater to see if they are hot or about same temp when engine warm. Sorry about my confusion with this.

Saturday, October 20th, 2012 AT 3:10 PM
  • royalstar

No problem, Thanks for the help!

Saturday, October 20th, 2012 AT 4:17 PM