CAR ACCELERATED ON ITS OWN UP AND HILL AND DIED.......OIL LIGHT WAS ON...CAR GOT REALLY HOT AND SMOKED.......

1998 Buick Lesabre

cjvoyles319

July, 8, 2012 AT 4:10 PM

Oil light came on while going up a hill, car accelerated on its own to 4000 RPM's and then died. Checked the oil and it was pretty much dry. Put oil and anti-freeze in the car, and it wouldn't start. We even tried to jump it (because it seemed like it was the battery being low) and it still wouldn't start. I don't know what the problem could be. There is a tiny bit of anti-freeze where the rear main seal is on the head. It acts like it wants to turn over. You can hear the starter and fuel pump kick on when the key is turned into the "ON" position. But then it just clicks and the battery acts like its half dead.

July, 8, 2012 AT 4:18 PM

The motor most likely has locked up from lack of oil. You will most likely need another engine for the car.

July, 8, 2012 AT 4:19 PM

Try manually cranking the engine and if it does not turn easily, I would agree with Roy's comments.

cjvoyles319

July, 8, 2012 AT 4:31 PM

We tried to manually crank it and it seemed like it was free and willing to turn

July, 8, 2012 AT 8:13 PM

Check the battery condition and engine compression.

Engine Oil Change and Filter Chevy Silverado
Engine Oil Change and Filter Mazda 3
Engine Oil Change and Filter Mercedes Benz
Engine Oil Change and Filter Kia Forte
Engine Oil Change and Filter Toyota Tundra
Oil Change/Filter Replacement Hyundai Sonata