MY ENGINE SHAKES, MAKES PINGING SOUND

• Catgonewild668@gmail.com
  • 1998 BMW 528

Oil is not passing through motor and when push on gas no matter how hard I get less than 5 mph or none, not getting oil in motor just condisation, rpms rev up and down 0-1000 with choking and sputtering, a cracked and leaking oil filter cap and no matter how hard push down on acceleration peddle car only moves at 5 mph or less or not at all

Friday, August 10th, 2012 AT 6:54 PM

• KHLow2008

Is the MIL indicating? Are there any information in dash?

Friday, August 10th, 2012 AT 7:37 PM
  • Catgonewild668@gmail.com

I have no check engine light just asc light was cause my throttle was back firing so I went exploring so here and there I mess with it I was able to get the light off at first but the last time I did work on it I couldnt take it off. When I broke down I was getting on the on ramp freeway when I hit the step-tronic for sport mode and right after my car made a loud clank! Clank! As the same time I started loosing engine power and speed till I couldnt budge it sounded like big hard material going through a fan crumbling in pieces

Friday, August 10th, 2012 AT 8:19 PM
  • KHLow2008

Sounds like the engine has given way. Might be a spun con rod.

Friday, August 10th, 2012 AT 9:14 PM
  • Catgonewild668@gmail.com

Whats a con rod? But ya I think it all over for that motor, can it be possible that the oil filter housing cap cause its been a little cracked with a little leak but now its leaking alot that its holding back engine power and acceleration? I know I should of bought one a long time ago but if that was not going to make a difference then thats the last of my worries till I fix the problem at least. Well if my motor did give way do anyone know a place that will get and put an engine in for real cheap?

Friday, August 10th, 2012 AT 9:41 PM
  • KHLow2008

The oil leak has resulted in oil pressure drop and this has caused the engine connecting rod and bearings to wear or seized. You need a new engine.

Friday, August 10th, 2012 AT 10:11 PM
  • Catgonewild668@gmail.com

Thank you for your time and patience it is highly appreciated I will be looking for a new motor

Friday, August 10th, 2012 AT 10:16 PM
  • KHLow2008

You're welcome.

Friday, August 10th, 2012 AT 10:44 PM