98 CONVERTIBLE

1998 BMW 328

mike nash

April, 28, 2012 AT 7:50 PM

I am attempting to remove my Lid Motor (controls operation of convertible storage lid/cover.
I have disconnected everything from the lid motor and its support plate.
The problem is this: there are 2 threaded screws at the top of the plate that run vertically downward through the plate(have removed the nuts from the threaded screws.)
At the bottom of the plate, there are 2 threaded screws that are horizontal pointing toward the trunk area((have removed the nuts from the threaded screws.)There is not much wiggle to pull the unit down or/up then out.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

April, 28, 2012 AT 7:54 PM

Is this fully automtic?

mike nash

April, 29, 2012 AT 3:41 PM

YES IT IS

April, 29, 2012 AT 3:53 PM

Removing and installing/replacing motor for convertible top lock (power/fully-automatic)

Removing and installing finisher on convertible top lock, See: Convertible Top Latch Service and Repair Replacing Finisher on Convertible Top Lock (Electric Motor/Fully-automatic)

Pull off plug connections (1) and (2), unlock both housings and remove from bracket.

Loosen nut (3), pull motor (4) downwards to remove and slide off input shaft (5).

Installation: The two input shafts (5) must be at "Open" limit position (microswitch (S8) tripped).

These are the instructions presented in alldata.

Clutch/Flywheel/Rear Main Seal Replacement