OIL TEMP GETS UP OVER HALF AND ENGINE KILLS IN NEUTRAL (ITS MANUAL SO CLUTCH TOO) OR IF THERE IS NO GAS GIVEN.

1998 Audi A4

mxp142

August, 3, 2012 AT 8:56 PM

I had a chipmunk get caught in the fan that kicks in when the AC is on and this problem began after that. I got the whole chipmunk out I believe and the fan functioned the last time I brought the car into the shop. I can drive 5 hour trips or more without a problem but if I make a few small trips it starts heating up the oil gauge. It will pass the center and get to nearly 2 o clock at times which is 3/4 from C to H. When this happens the engine begins to idle very poorly and eventually kills in neutral at a stoplight or even when I am on the clutch shifting gears. If I can get into 3rd gear im usually good and ill ride that for 5 minutes and the oil temp will return to the center where it should be but if I turn the car off then on again within 10 or so minutes the oil gauge shoots back up to about 3/4 to H again. And the problem persists. It also feels like the engine misfires sometimes in neutral when im in motion and it doesnt kill. I am aware that the right rear speed censor is not functioning properly and this can cause my ABS to turn off. I am getting this replaced before winter as long as the car is going to work. I dont think that these problems are related. Thanks for any help you can give me

mhpautos

August, 4, 2012 AT 11:41 AM

I would start with a scan for any unresolved fault codes and have the live data checked as well for any abnormal readings that will require further checking.

Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right