TCM A/T Gear Position Switch Circuit Open

PANCHIN
  • 1998 ACURA TL
I have a Acura 98 2.5 TL, and I want to know where is location TCM A/T Gear Position Switch Circuit Open, and if I could do it meself or do I got to take it to a Mechanics?
Thursday, July 14th, 2011 AT 3:23 AM

MHPAUTOS
Can you advise the exact codes that you extracted please.
Thursday, July 14th, 2011 AT 7:57 AM
PANCHIN
The codes are PO700 TRANSMISSION CONTROL MALFUNCTION and P1706 TCM A L GEAR POSITION SWITCH CIRCUIT OPEN
-1
Thursday, July 14th, 2011 AT 9:49 PM
MHPAUTOS
P1706 is a faulty lock up clutch and P0700 is associated with the transmission as well, I would recommend that a trans specialist inspects these faults and advises accordingly as there will have to be further hands on testing done to determine the extent of the problem.
Friday, July 22nd, 2011 AT 12:01 PM
DIEN
Panchin and all,
Have you got it correctly diganosed? I am having the same car year/model and exact same code. Had the CEL about two weeks ago. Two problems associated with it, not shift into the highest gear at freeway speed. Some time, difficult shift out from Park. The technician suggest replace the Gear position switch but guaranty. Not sure if I should drop move money into this problem. Please advice
Thursday, August 4th, 2011 AT 7:29 PM
DIEN
Correction. The technician suggest replace the Gear position switch but not guaranty. Not sure if I should throw more money into this problem.
Thursday, August 4th, 2011 AT 7:39 PM
PANCHIN
Dien, I went to 3 Electric Repair, and they all told me the same thing its the Shift cylinder by the transmission, its only cost $245.93, that was the problem that I had, I havent had any problem since I chance it.
+1
Thursday, August 11th, 2011 AT 6:12 PM
RIVERMIKERAT
Thank you for the input, panchin, it is much appreciated.
Thursday, September 29th, 2011 AT 7:57 PM