GUYSI PUT IN A NEW CAMSHAFT SEAL TIMING BELT

1997 Toyota Rav4

Anonymous

December, 22, 2012 AT 4:00 PM

Guys,
i put in a new camshaft seal, timing belt. The valve cover gasket was done recently. Had to reopen the valve cover when replaced the camshaft seal, but put the 8 spots of RTV silicone before closing cover. Yesterday for the first time I heard what sounded like belt sqeaking, and when I reved up, the squeaking would be pronounced. The squeaking went away in less than ten minutes. But this morning, I noticed a tiny spot of oil under the right side near CV joint area. When I warmed up the engine, I noticed a very slow drip, you can't see where it is coming from, but you can see the tiny oil spot on the ground. I hope I don't have to reopen timing belt cover because the engine mount was very difficult to remove and re-install ( you can!T squeeze in a ratchet and socket to re-install the engine mount).
is the tiny drip related to the squeak I heard yesterday? ( By the way I also put in a new alternetor belt and a new vane(?) Belt)
the person who helped me with the job, removed the the camshaft seal in a different way: he removed the 2 bolts that hold the C-cap on top of the seal. After putting the new seal, he put back the C-cap and the 2 bolts.

hmac300

December, 22, 2012 AT 4:11 PM

Look at teh areas where i've pointed out. Using a mirror with a light see if you can spot any oil coming down backside form valve cover or in timeing cover area, which may mean looking at bottome of timing cover, the one arrow that looks kind of sideways means along the valve cover in back

Serpentine Belt Replacement Acura MDX
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevy 1500
Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Serpentine Belt Replacement Saturn Vue
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Serpentine Belt Replacement Ford Contour