VIBRATION PROBLEM!

1997 Toyota Corolla

Michael3

June, 16, 2013 AT 8:54 AM

First what I have done, new plugs, plug wires, rotor, and cap, air filter, I did set gap on the plugs. Inspec for any vac leak. Can't find one. Hadmotor mounts checked.

Vibration is mostly in steeringwheel when cold or when I come to a stop, the idle seems to change like it is suppose when I come to a stop. Kick down a little. It doesn't have a rough idle or miss, I can here lifters tapping but not excessive. It is the worst when put in gear when cold.

hmac300

June, 16, 2013 AT 9:20 AM

Scan for codes and check fuel pressure first check allmounts including transmission

Michael3

June, 16, 2013 AT 10:18 AM

Mounts are tight and seem in good condition

hmac300

June, 16, 2013 AT 12:55 PM

It could be an engine problem as well try removing alternator belt and see if it stops to eliminate accessory drive things.

Michael3

June, 16, 2013 AT 1:19 PM

I am unable to check codes. Without spending money. And I feel that this is a simple fix. Or should be. I stared pulling vac hose's off one at a time and listen for change in motor didn't make a change. But when I did it to the vac regulator did't make a difference at first. But seems to have helped a little. Odd to me that I can ake hose's off and not change idle?

Michael3

June, 16, 2013 AT 6:14 PM

Hmac looked like you made a response, but it didn't go though

hmac300

June, 17, 2013 AT 5:03 AM

It should be there, you can get it scanned for codes at auto parts.

Michael3

June, 17, 2013 AT 9:03 AM

Thank you will do soon as possible

Michael3

June, 17, 2013 AT 1:15 PM

No codes, going to replace fuel filter and then Im back to? It is better sence I messed with vac hoses. May have had a parcal blockage. But no code so I don't no
I am also chasing down a noise in the front end. Makes like a rubbing noise. It makes it faster as I go faster. Not brakes they seem fine and no pulsating when applied. Wheel bearing?Axle?

hmac300

June, 17, 2013 AT 3:37 PM

You seem to be on the right path

Michael3

June, 17, 2013 AT 5:14 PM

Thank you for the help! Replaced fuel filter vac hose's. Keeping in mind it's a 1997 so I think it's as good as it get
I'll be back to let people know what the rubbing sound was

Camshaft Angle Sensor Replacement P0015
Engine Cylinder Compression Test - All Cars