ENGINE LIGHT ON WHAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM?

• tom28000
  • 1997 Toyota Corolla

My 1997 Toyota Corolla began running on only 3 cylinders suddenly. Was running fine, tuned off the engine. When I started up again it is missing. Engine light on. What could be the problem?

The car was running fine when I went to the store. Upon starting it at the store, it was running rough and the check engine light came on. Seems like it is running on less the the 4 cylinders it should be running on. Should I just junk it? I cant afford a large repair bill.

Monday, April 9th, 2012 AT 9:19 PM

• fixitmr

I'd go over to auto store to get codes read and see what it says. Could be spark plug SP wire or coil or something else simple. I take it you dont mess with this stuff at all?

Monday, April 9th, 2012 AT 9:32 PM
  • tom28000

Good idea. I will contact Auto Zone and see if they can read the check engine light code.
No, I dont mess with stuff like this. This car is just my "run about" because it gets 31 MPG !

Monday, April 9th, 2012 AT 9:34 PM
  • fixitmr

Good cars actually. I would own it if more people would part with them willingly and cheaply.

Monday, April 9th, 2012 AT 9:42 PM