For P0401, replacing the EGR might not solve the probem. Try cleaning the valve and the passage below it first.
DTC P0500: VEHICLE SPEED SENSOR (VSS)
1. Access ECT ECU. Raise one front wheel. Shift vehicle into Neutral. Turn ignition on. Using DVOM, backprobe between terminal SPD of ECT ECU harness connector and ground. Rotate front wheel.
2. If voltage pulses between 4.5-5.5 volts, check continuity between ECT ECU harness connector terminal E1 and ground. If continuity does not exist, check and repair circuit as needed. If continuity does exist, replace ECT ECU and retest. If voltage is not as specified, check and repair wiring harness or connector between combination meter and ECT ECU.
DTC P0755: No. 2 SOLENOID
1. Access ECT ECU. Ensure ignition is off. Disconnect ECT ECU harness connector. Using ohmmeter, measure resistance between SL, S1 and S2 terminal and ground for appropriate solenoid.
2. Replace solenoid if resistance is not 11-15 ohms. To check solenoid operation, apply battery voltage to SL, S1 or S2 terminal of ECT ECU harness connector for appropriate solenoid. Ensure operating sound can be heard when battery voltage is connected. Replace solenoid if operating sound cannot be heard.
3. To check solenoid seals, remove suspect solenoid. Connect battery voltage to solenoid. Apply 71 psi (5 kg/cm2 ) to solenoid
with battery voltage connected.
4. With battery voltage applied, air should pass through solenoids. Disconnect voltage to solenoid. Ensure air does not pass through solenoid. Replace solenoid if defective.
Dropping the oil pan would allow you to access the solenoid.
Thursday, October 27th, 2011 AT 1:22 AM