BEFORE MY CAR HAD SOUND WHEN I TURN RIGHT AND ...

1997 Toyota Camry

Anonymous

Before my car had sound when I turn right and left. Then I had changed axles both side, but it still has sound. I want to know what's wrong?

caradiodoc

We can't hear it over a computer. Have someone turn the steering wheel while you listen under the hood. A suspension and alignment specialist at a tire and alignment shop should also be able to diagnose it.

There is a tool you might be able to borrow or rent from an auto parts store that borrows them called the "Chassis Ear". It is a set of six microphones, a switch box, and headphones. You clip the microphones to suspect points, then drive around while listening with the headphones. You can move the microphones around to zero in on the source of the noise. Be aware that many mechanics have never seen or even heard of this tool. Suspension and alignment mechanics use it to find rattles, squeaks, and other noises.

Axle Seal Replacement
Axle Bearing, Seal, E-Brake Shoes, Brake Pads
Differential Fluid Change Ford F250
Differential Fluid Service - Front