MY 97 TOYOTA CAMRYS ELECTRIC SUNMOON ROOF WAS ...

1997 Toyota Camry

gin.intex

November, 20, 2012 AT 9:56 PM

My 97 toyota camry's electric sun/moon roof was working great. It appears that someone tried to break into it. At first the motor was clicking & making noise (trying to open). Only the back part will lift up then down but it won't slide back.

When the back is lifted up then closed, its doesn't seem like its sitting right. (You have to push down slightly to make it go down level with the roof, then it looks like it sits a bit lower).

Now it doesn't make much noise when trying to slide back.

How can I tell if it is off the track? How to repair?

November, 21, 2012 AT 1:57 PM

If the sunroof is not closing level, it can be adjusted. There aren't much info in our database and it is rather difficult to explain the procedures unless you know what you are doing.

SUN ROOF HEIGHT

Close sun roof fully. Measure sun roof height. Roof panel should be even with glass weatherstrip within 0.06" (1.5 mm). If adjustment is required, install or remove shims between bracket and sun roof. Recheck sun roof height.

gin.intex

November, 27, 2012 AT 8:27 PM

Thanks for your reply. Do you know where I could possibly find a diagram of the shims? Thanks a bunch!

November, 28, 2012 AT 4:30 PM

http://bgbonline.celicatech.com/93celica/bo/sunroof.pdf

Try above link. It should be helpful. Procedure is similar.

gin.intex

November, 28, 2012 AT 8:02 PM

Thank You!

November, 29, 2012 AT 3:02 PM

You're welcome.

Brake Light Bulb Replacement Subaru Legacy
Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Acura TL
Headlight Bulb Replacement Acura MDX